Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Departing for Africa

Well, I depart early this morning with my sis and Rachel. I'm getting a little emotional and know that I will miss my family so much (Abby and Midnight included). Packing was stressful. Jo and I packed and repacked everything at least 3 times but the bags are finally zipped and ready to go.

We travel to New York today to the Africa Inland Mission Office where we will stay until my departure Thursday evening at 6:30. I will go through a 1-day orientation on Wednesday then Jo and Rachel will send me off Thursday. I travel to London, have a long layover (15hrs), then finally to Entebbe, Uganda. I will be picked up at the airport and taken to the Matoke Inn where I will stay for a couple of weeks. While I'm in the Kampala area (Uganda), I will be continuing orientation and taking a language course to learn a little of Juba Arabic. On November 8, I fly over with my team leaders to Torit.

God has given me such an amazing opportunity and He has provided for me greatly in the past couple of months. I trust Him now to lead me into unknown territory and continue to do great things! My next post will come from Africa!! Hurray!!

1 comment:

Ashley said...

Hooray is right! I love you ...and I pray you KNOW the Lord's presence as you walk the path laid in front of you! I expect pictures:) and stories:)